At Allstate Steel Company, we believe our employees are our biggest asset. We have a strong commitment to ensure safe working conditions. For this reason, we follow the STEPS program, which stands for “Striving Toward Excellence and Professionalism in Safety.”
To maintain the safest fabrication shop and job sites, we have instituted three principles: education, identification, and empowerment.
In our shop we have:
- A full-time safety professional on staff
- A safety observation program that makes everyone a safety manager, from executive management through team supervisors
- Rigorous enforcement of PPE standards
- Daily huddles and employee job hazard assessments to start off the day safely
- A near miss tracking program to ensure we mitigate potential hazards before they cause injury
- A safety time out method which halts production on our shop floor following an unsafe act to discuss the issue and prevent it from happening a second time
- Weekly toolbox talks to train team members on safe work practices
Although it takes substantial time and effort to maintain a culture of safety across the company, we feel STEPS is a positive and beneficial program for each member of our team.
Weekly Toolbox meeting at Allstate Steel Company
Let's Get Started
For quality steel fabrication on time and on budget, and responsive, personalized service, look no further than Allstate Steel Company, Inc.